Education in Honduras.
Read Online
Share

Education in Honduras. by Maury Weldon Thompson

  • 134 Want to read
  • ·
  • 30 Currently reading

Published by U.S. Dept. of Health, Education, and Welfare, Office of Education in [Washington] .
Written in English

Subjects:

Places:

  • Honduras.

Subjects:

  • Education -- Honduras

Book details:

Edition Notes

Bibliography: p. 32-33.

StatementEdited by Marjorie C. Johnston.
SeriesUnited States. Office of Education. Bulletin, 1955, no. 7, Bulletin (United States. Office of Education) ;, 1955, no. 7.
ContributionsJohnston, Marjorie Cecil, 1904-
Classifications
LC ClassificationsL111 .A6 1955, no. 7
The Physical Object
Paginationiv, 33 p.
Number of Pages33
ID Numbers
Open LibraryOL248518M
LC Control Numbere 55000242
OCLC/WorldCa6705296

Download Education in Honduras.

PDF EPUB FB2 MOBI RTF

Education has a significant role in building the human capital necessary to compete and integrate people in a modern society. Specifically, education enrollment, quality and attainment impact the future of the labor force. However, Honduras shows great disparities in education. Despite being one of the countries inFile Size: KB.   TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — Honduras ranks second in poverty among Central American countries, and 80 percent of its families live in insecure conditions. As a result, education in Honduras suffers. Many children drop out of school in order to help provide for their : Rebecca Causey.   The educational system in Honduras only covers about 87 percent of school-age children, while the remaining 13 percent have no access to education at all, leaving them unable to find the education they need to move forward in life. Because Honduras limits their access to free education to the sixth grade, poor families can’t send their. A Study of Education in Honduras. Honduras has among the lowest education indicators in Latin American and Caribbean Regions. Honduras is the second poorest country in Central America and is among the very poorest in all the Western Hemisphere. Many children are forced to leave school for work, usually permanently, at a very young age to help.

Education in Honduras is free to the public. The system begins in pre-school, continues in elementary school (1st-9th grade), secondary school (10th or 12th grade), then the university years (licentiate, master and doctorate). The public education in Honduras also coexist with private schools and universities. Elementary School. The education system in Honduras is characterized by five stages of formal education; PrePrimary, Primary, Middle, Secondary, and Tertiary. Public education in Honduras is provided free for children aged 6 to 15 where it is mandatory for children to attend at the primary level (Age 6 to 12). The Honduras Good Works Secondary Education Scholarship Fund requests $ per school year per student which goes toward books, uniforms, school supplies, school fees, and transportation. Children who live close to a school will receive less, while those who live far away, may receive more, as transportation is the single greatest cost in.   Some of the topics addressed are population age structure, fertility, health, mortality, poverty, education, and migration. Honduras is one of the poorest countries in Latin America and has one of the world's highest murder rates. More than half of the population lives in poverty and per capita income is one of the lowest in the region.

"Research completed December " Supercedes the ed. of Honduras: a country study, edited by James D. Rudolph and issued by Foreign Area Studies, American University. Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index. Also available in digital form.   New Education Program Launches in Honduras Ap The event, which will be held April 27 in Gracias, Lempira, will include Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández, the Minister of Education Marcial Solís, Acting U.S. Ambassador Heide B. Fulton, and other distinguished guests.   Public education in Honduras is characterized by high dropout and repetition rates, low achievement scores, insufficient alternative education opportunities, and a highly politicized teachers’ union. USAID’s education program assists the Ministry of Education’s efforts to reform policies, especially in the development and implementation of academic standards, formative assessments, . Honduras. Browse by country. Education and Literacy. Science, Technology and Innovation. Culture. General Information. General Information. Education System. Education System. Participation in Education. Participation in Education. Progress and Completion in Education. Progress and Completion in Education. Education Expenditures. Education.